It is a logical consequence of Darwinian thinking that man is not alone in the universe; that other civilizations exist and flourish out there; that among these must be some superior to our own, able and willing to instruct us in the elusive art of peaceful coexistence. With the opening of the new millenium we therefore find many eyes turned heavenwards in anticipation of some non-random signal emanating from the depths of space that would confirm the existence of such beings. Assuming the fulfilment of these expectations, it is highly likely that regular communication would follow and, in due course, direct contact.
In the initial stages of this scenario mathematical absolutes - particularly those associated with number and form - are expected to assume fundamental roles. For example, the repeated transmission of a sequence comprising the first thousand or so cubic numbers is highly likely to capture the interest and attention of any intelligent receptor - thereby achieving the immediate purpose of announcing its author's galactic presence.
However, in their eagerness to pursue extraterrestial liaisons and find salvation among the stars the world's scientific and intellectual elite appear to have overlooked a similar message closer to home - one expressed in equally persuasive terms. In the following pages it is proposed to identify and correct this oversight by drawing attention to some real and remarkable phenomena and their far-reaching implications. These are associated, in particular, with the Bible's opening Hebrew words, the Greek form of the name Jesus Christ (understood by Christians to be The Creator), and the riddle of Revelation 13:18.
For a concise overview of the findings to date it is recommended that The Beginning of Wonders be read first - followed by the remaining pages, in the order given.
Vernon Jenkins MSc
Please note: restructured website building in progress here
New pages added 2007-03-04:
1) The Bible - a self-authenticating text: www.whatabeginning.com/ObDec.htm
3) An important matter arising from the first of these: www.whatabeginning.com/Misc/Tess1A/P.htm
4) Themes from Creation's Blueprint - Part 4: www.whatabeginning.com/Themes/Part4/P.htm
5) Creation Geometries - Part 3: www.whatabeginning.com/CGeoms/Part3/P.htm
6) Revelations of a Biological Abacus: www.whatabeginning.com/Misc/Genetics/Genetics_VS.htm
7) The Unique Utterance: www.whatabeginning.com/Misc/Pyrotechnics/Pyrotechnics.htm
8) Paper-folding for Beginners: www.whatabeginning.com/A4/Origami/P.htm
9) A Substantial Difference: www.whatabeginning.com/Misc/Order/P.htm
10) The Music Lesson: www.whatabeginning.com/Music/M_Lesson.htm
DECLARATION: This site is dedicated to the service of our Creator, Sustainer and Saviour - The Lord Jesus Christ. Its principal aim is to uphold the supreme Authority of the Judaeo-Christian Scriptures as the one unique body of revealed truth (graciously provided for our eternal well-being) by presenting hard evidence of a self-authenticating principle, closely integrated with the original Hebrew and Greek texts. Such findings defy all naturalistic explanation; accordingly, they represent a challenge to those unbelievers who assume reason to be life's only dependable and sufficient guide.
"The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law." (Deuteronomy 29:29)
The Postscript (a reworking of Exceptional Measures)
Please note: The second page of this main index is currently unavailable
- Richard McGough's geometric view of the Bible - The Wheel of God - is set up at http://www.BibleWheel.com. It reveals the supernatural structure of the Christian Canon by displaying the intrinsic geometric integration of the sixty-six books amongst themselves and with the twenty-two letters of the Hebrew alphabet. The material is well-researched and presented, and forms a valuable complement to the pages provided here.
- The Creation Science Movement (CSM) is the oldest creationist organisation in the world. It was founded in 1932 as "The Evolution Protest Movement" by a small group of Christians concerned by the propaganda that was promoting the theory of evolution as if scientifically proven. Its aims are: (a) to show that the Scriptures, and in particular those that bear on Creation, are reliable; (b) to lecture on Creation Science at universities, schools and churches; and (c) to publish and distribute the journal 'Creation', pamphlets, books, video and audio tapes demonstrating that the biblical account of special Creation is supported by science. Members of the Council are Evangelical Christians who accept a recent 6 day creation - a view strongly supported by the pages of this site. http://www.creationsciencemovement.com
- Wonderful One: The purpose of this site is to spread the Good News of the Lord Jesus Christ and provide evidence proving His word, the Holy Bible.